Thursday, January 22, 2009

Applications * Web 2.0

I'm running a little behind so I'm going to combine comments on two lessons.

The applications we looked at included Google and Zoho. We've used Google for a year or two for our scheduling at the library and it works well. I did more experimenting with Zoho and found it to be similar and maybe a little easier to use. It would be a great tool to use to keep track of genealogy research. A reseach log could be made on Zoho sheet and the word program would be a way to keep notes on research.

What I really liked was the next lesson on 2.0 sites. I chose genealogy, of course, and experimented with My Heritage and Geni. I had looked into My Heritage before but never did much with it because I was using FamilyLink and the LDS church site. After playing with it a little more, I found it extremely easy to use. I love the celebrity morphing function-what a hoot! Geni is very similar but a tad less easy to use. I went ahead and set up accounts in both. I've had really good luck with social networking sites for sharing family info and I think I like to cast a wider net.

Rayma

No comments: